Powerade Zero in Virgin Active tie-in
Virgin Active is launching a tie-up with Coca-Cola sports drink Powerade Zero, for a series of four "fast classes", one designed by heptathlete Jessica Ennis.
Jessica Ennis: designed a Virgin Active Powerade fitness session
Four Virgin Active and Powerade Zero co-branded classes roll out across Virgin Active's 71 UK health clubs from today (10 November).
One of the classes – 'Heptathlon', was designed by London 2012 Olympic Games gold medal hope Ennis, and pledges to give the participant a "total body workout in under 20 minutes".
Moves are based around different heptathlon sports – such as javelin, shot putt, long jump and sprinting.
The other classes feature the ViPR kettle-ball, PowerPlate and 'V-Core' muscle groups workout.
Free Powerade Zero will be available at the sessions, and participants will be offered the chance to take part in a training session with Ennis' coach, Toni Minichiello.
Each of the four classes will be held at least once a day, and participation is free for Virgin Active's 270,000-strong membership.
Powerade Zero manufacturer Coca Cola claims Powerade Zero is the first zero-calorie fitness drink.
Promotions will be supported at Virgin Active stores on posters and TV network, with posters and video produced in-house by Virgin Active.
Virgin Active sales and marketing director Steve Dick said: "By extending our partnership with Powerade into a tangible fitness product for our members to enjoy and participate in, we’re creating a meaningful relationship for both brands.
"Powerade is exactly the kind of credible brand partner we look for, and their association with athletes such as Jessica Ennis will really spark a chord with our members."
Coca Cola appointed Mother to run its global campaigns in March.
Rival gym chain LA Fitness last year brought in singer and 'Strictly Come Dancing' winner Alesha Dixon to design classes and front marketing activity, in a deal that gives her a share of profits over four years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London