Powerade Zero in Virgin Active tie-in
Virgin Active is launching a tie-up with Coca-Cola sports drink Powerade Zero, for a series of four "fast classes", one designed by heptathlete Jessica Ennis.
Jessica Ennis: designed a Virgin Active Powerade fitness session
Four Virgin Active and Powerade Zero co-branded classes roll out across Virgin Active's 71 UK health clubs from today (10 November).
One of the classes – 'Heptathlon', was designed by London 2012 Olympic Games gold medal hope Ennis, and pledges to give the participant a "total body workout in under 20 minutes".
Moves are based around different heptathlon sports – such as javelin, shot putt, long jump and sprinting.
The other classes feature the ViPR kettle-ball, PowerPlate and 'V-Core' muscle groups workout.
Free Powerade Zero will be available at the sessions, and participants will be offered the chance to take part in a training session with Ennis' coach, Toni Minichiello.
Each of the four classes will be held at least once a day, and participation is free for Virgin Active's 270,000-strong membership.
Powerade Zero manufacturer Coca Cola claims Powerade Zero is the first zero-calorie fitness drink.
Promotions will be supported at Virgin Active stores on posters and TV network, with posters and video produced in-house by Virgin Active.
Virgin Active sales and marketing director Steve Dick said: "By extending our partnership with Powerade into a tangible fitness product for our members to enjoy and participate in, we’re creating a meaningful relationship for both brands.
"Powerade is exactly the kind of credible brand partner we look for, and their association with athletes such as Jessica Ennis will really spark a chord with our members."
Coca Cola appointed Mother to run its global campaigns in March.
Rival gym chain LA Fitness last year brought in singer and 'Strictly Come Dancing' winner Alesha Dixon to design classes and front marketing activity, in a deal that gives her a share of profits over four years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager - ATL Production - Central London - £30k Source £27000 - £30000 per annum + great prospects, London
- Senior Account Manager - Fundraising - West London - £36k Source £34000 - £36000 per annum + great bens, London
- Account Manager - Entertainment - Central London - £30k Source £28000 - £32000 per annum + great bens, London
- Freelance Account Executives/Managers Source £120 - £160 per day, London