I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here holds mass interest
Unofficial figures show 'I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here' delivered another audience above nine million for ITV1 last night, as Ofcom reveals it has received 30 complaints about Sunday evening's show.
I'm a Celebrity: Gillian McKeith
According to unofficial overnight figures, ‘I’m a Celebrity … Get Me Out of Here’ had an audience of 9.29 million viewers between 9pm and 10pm on ITV1 and ITV1 HD, a 35.5% share of the TV-watching audience.
An Ofcom spokesman said reasons for the complaints about Sunday’s show included concern for the welfare of Gillian McKeith, who fainted, as well as the fact she did not do her task afterwards.
Other complaints were about the welfare of animals, in response to the way Linford Christie sprinted around without taking any care about the bugs surrounding him.
Ofcom publishes a list of programmes that have received more than 10 complaints, every Wednesday. The regulator had 96 complaints about Saturday’s show of ‘The X Factor’ (20 November) and 40 complaints about the programme on the Sunday.
The second most-watched show at 9pm last night was ‘Turn Back Time: The High Street’ on BBC One and BBC One HD. It had an audience of 4.21 million between 9pm and 10pm, a 16.1% share of the available audience.
On BBC Two, ‘The Foods that Make Billions’, a documentary on the bottled water industry, was watched by an average of 1.4 million viewers between 9pm and 10pm, a 5.3% share of the TV-watching audience.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire