Panorama's attack on Fifa beats European football heavyweights
The BBC's controversial expose about football's governing body, 'Fifa's Dirty Secrets: Panorama', attracted more viewers than live action from Real Madrid and Barcelona, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Panorama: draws 2.85 million viewers
‘Fifa’s Dirty Secrets: Panorama’ had an average audience of 2.85 million across BBC One and BBC One HD between 8.30pm and 9pm, a 10.7% share of the TV-watching audience.
However, the Barcelona vs Real Madrid game, which finished 5-0 to Messi’s Barcelona, managed a peak audience of one million viewers at 8.30pm on Sky Sports 1, an impressive reach for a game from the Spanish La Liga.
Sky Sports 1’s audience was above 700,000 viewers throughout play and the entire programme average audience, including pre- and post-match analysis, was 667,000 between 7.30pm and 10.30pm.
‘I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here’ had an average audience of 9.58 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 8.30pm and 10pm last night, a 35.3% share of the TV- watching audience.
The comedy series ‘Miranda’ was the second most-watched show at 8.30pm with an average audience of 3.68 million between 8.30pm and 9pm on BBC Two and BBC HD, a 13.8% share of the available audience.
On Channel 4 the hard-hitting documentary on child detention, ‘Dispatches: The Kids Britain Doesn’t Want’, got an average audience of 851,800, a 3.2% share. An additional 434,000 watched the show on Channel 4+1.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London