Panorama's attack on Fifa beats European football heavyweights
The BBC's controversial expose about football's governing body, 'Fifa's Dirty Secrets: Panorama', attracted more viewers than live action from Real Madrid and Barcelona, according to unofficial overnight figures.
Panorama: draws 2.85 million viewers
‘Fifa’s Dirty Secrets: Panorama’ had an average audience of 2.85 million across BBC One and BBC One HD between 8.30pm and 9pm, a 10.7% share of the TV-watching audience.
However, the Barcelona vs Real Madrid game, which finished 5-0 to Messi’s Barcelona, managed a peak audience of one million viewers at 8.30pm on Sky Sports 1, an impressive reach for a game from the Spanish La Liga.
Sky Sports 1’s audience was above 700,000 viewers throughout play and the entire programme average audience, including pre- and post-match analysis, was 667,000 between 7.30pm and 10.30pm.
‘I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here’ had an average audience of 9.58 million across ITV1 and ITV1 HD between 8.30pm and 10pm last night, a 35.3% share of the TV- watching audience.
The comedy series ‘Miranda’ was the second most-watched show at 8.30pm with an average audience of 3.68 million between 8.30pm and 9pm on BBC Two and BBC HD, a 13.8% share of the available audience.
On Channel 4 the hard-hitting documentary on child detention, ‘Dispatches: The Kids Britain Doesn’t Want’, got an average audience of 851,800, a 3.2% share. An additional 434,000 watched the show on Channel 4+1.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Marketing Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50K-70K + Benefits Package, Central London