DMA appoints Scott Logie as chairman
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has named Occam's strategy director Scott Logie as its newly elected chairman, replacing David Metcalfe.
Scott Logie: replaces David Metcalf as DMA chairman
Metcalfe, who is Lloyds TSB head of wholesale banking, will step down from his role in January as his two-year tenure as chairman draws to a close.
Malcolm Green, a former board member and head of sales, compliance and ethics at Yell, will become deputy chairman.
With 20 years' experience in the marketing industry, including positions at the Bank of Scotland, CACI and BAE Systems, Logie has stressed the importance of representing the industry at both government and business level.
As chairman, he will aim to do this through lobbying and greater engagement with other trade and business associations. He will also take a leading role in driving new initiatives such as the recent trial of consumer personal data stores.
Logie said: "New technology means that customer engagement has been taken to a whole new level. As a result, direct marketing has never had such a wide-reaching role to play in business.
"It is therefore vital that the DMA continues to drive the commercial and trading environment of the industry, by preserving commercial freedoms and leading the industry on macro-level issues such as privacy, data security and the environment, through the development of its portfolio of products and tools."
Earlier this year, the DMA restructured its business following the departure of its chief Robert Keitch. Executive director Chris Combemale has taken on Keitch's responsibilities for membership and external affairs.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London