DMA appoints Scott Logie as chairman
The Direct Marketing Association (DMA) has named Occam's strategy director Scott Logie as its newly elected chairman, replacing David Metcalfe.
Scott Logie: replaces David Metcalf as DMA chairman
Metcalfe, who is Lloyds TSB head of wholesale banking, will step down from his role in January as his two-year tenure as chairman draws to a close.
Malcolm Green, a former board member and head of sales, compliance and ethics at Yell, will become deputy chairman.
With 20 years' experience in the marketing industry, including positions at the Bank of Scotland, CACI and BAE Systems, Logie has stressed the importance of representing the industry at both government and business level.
As chairman, he will aim to do this through lobbying and greater engagement with other trade and business associations. He will also take a leading role in driving new initiatives such as the recent trial of consumer personal data stores.
Logie said: "New technology means that customer engagement has been taken to a whole new level. As a result, direct marketing has never had such a wide-reaching role to play in business.
"It is therefore vital that the DMA continues to drive the commercial and trading environment of the industry, by preserving commercial freedoms and leading the industry on macro-level issues such as privacy, data security and the environment, through the development of its portfolio of products and tools."
Earlier this year, the DMA restructured its business following the departure of its chief Robert Keitch. Executive director Chris Combemale has taken on Keitch's responsibilities for membership and external affairs.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London