DMA Young Spark Award goes to Jane Holmes
Refreshed Direct's Jane Holmes has beaten four other hopefuls to win the Direct Marketing Association's Young Spark new talent award.
Jane Holmes: wins DMA Young Spark Award
Holmes beat four other shortlisted candidates, including Gemma Newton from Proximity London, Rob Cristie of Nationwide, Lesley Thornton of Post-switch.com and Teresa Speakman of WRM-Media.
Holmes, a data solutions manager, was handed the prize by outgoing DMA chairman David Metcalfe at the DMA Scottish Ball.
Holmes said: "Winning the DMA Young Spark Award is an amazing honour, and has made all the hard work and late nights worth it. Refreshed Direct launched 10 months ago with a mission to open direct marketing up to the wider market.
"The work that I have done on refresheddirect.com, which allows instant data access, efficient planning and budget setting, is something that I am immensely proud of."
Now in its sixth year, the Young Spark Award attracts entries from direct marketing industry's new and upcoming talent keen to make a name for themselves.
As well as taking on the title of Young Spark, the winner also benefits from the help of a top industry mentor who will provide invaluable advice and support for the entire year.
Scott Logie, incoming chairman and Young Spark judge, said: "Jane was the clear winner, with lots of personality and the sparkle we were looking for. Furthermore, she showed lots of passion for what she does, a real understanding of her industry sector and how she might move that forward in the next 12- to 24-months."
Young Spark was launched in Scotland in 2005 in memory of John Young, former WWAV Rapp Collins Edinburgh managing director, who died at the age of 38.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England