Demand Media hires Hewitt in European strategy role
Dan'l Hewitt, formerly director of digital strategy at Vice Media, is moving to Demand Media as the company's European strategic account director, with immediate effect.
Dan'l Hewitt, Demand Media's European strategic account director
The American-based online media company has made Hewitt responsible for expanding ‘Pluck’, its social media platform, to European brands and retailers. He will report to Stephanie Himoff, vice president of sales, Europe.
Prior to his role with Demand Media, Hewitt was director of digital strategy at Vice Media, which he joined in March. Hewitt developed content and audience strategy for VBS.tv, Vice’s online television network.
Before joining Vice Media, Hewitt held the position of director of digital at social network Bebo, where he launched the OpenMedia platform.
Hewitt has also worked for Yahoo!, where he advised the online company on its revenue share licensing model.
Stephanie Himoff, vice president of sales, Europe, Demand Media, said: "Leading European brands, retailers and media companies rely on Pluck to drive engagement with their customers and site visitors."
"As our customers get ready to roll out their 2011 marketing plans, they will now have access to Dan’l’s unmatched digital content and social networking experience to help them create more engaging social strategies and campaigns."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London