Demand Media hires Hewitt in European strategy role
Dan'l Hewitt, formerly director of digital strategy at Vice Media, is moving to Demand Media as the company's European strategic account director, with immediate effect.
Dan'l Hewitt, Demand Media's European strategic account director
The American-based online media company has made Hewitt responsible for expanding ‘Pluck’, its social media platform, to European brands and retailers. He will report to Stephanie Himoff, vice president of sales, Europe.
Prior to his role with Demand Media, Hewitt was director of digital strategy at Vice Media, which he joined in March. Hewitt developed content and audience strategy for VBS.tv, Vice’s online television network.
Before joining Vice Media, Hewitt held the position of director of digital at social network Bebo, where he launched the OpenMedia platform.
Hewitt has also worked for Yahoo!, where he advised the online company on its revenue share licensing model.
Stephanie Himoff, vice president of sales, Europe, Demand Media, said: "Leading European brands, retailers and media companies rely on Pluck to drive engagement with their customers and site visitors."
"As our customers get ready to roll out their 2011 marketing plans, they will now have access to Dan’l’s unmatched digital content and social networking experience to help them create more engaging social strategies and campaigns."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham