Demand Media hires Hewitt in European strategy role
Dan'l Hewitt, formerly director of digital strategy at Vice Media, is moving to Demand Media as the company's European strategic account director, with immediate effect.
Dan'l Hewitt, Demand Media's European strategic account director
The American-based online media company has made Hewitt responsible for expanding ‘Pluck’, its social media platform, to European brands and retailers. He will report to Stephanie Himoff, vice president of sales, Europe.
Prior to his role with Demand Media, Hewitt was director of digital strategy at Vice Media, which he joined in March. Hewitt developed content and audience strategy for VBS.tv, Vice’s online television network.
Before joining Vice Media, Hewitt held the position of director of digital at social network Bebo, where he launched the OpenMedia platform.
Hewitt has also worked for Yahoo!, where he advised the online company on its revenue share licensing model.
Stephanie Himoff, vice president of sales, Europe, Demand Media, said: "Leading European brands, retailers and media companies rely on Pluck to drive engagement with their customers and site visitors."
"As our customers get ready to roll out their 2011 marketing plans, they will now have access to Dan’l’s unmatched digital content and social networking experience to help them create more engaging social strategies and campaigns."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London