Tourism Ireland in social media push
Tourism Ireland is hoping to make a splash on Twitter by encouraging people to tweet about what makes them Irish.
Tourism Ireland: pushing into social media
The campaign, created by Indicia, will launch tomorrow (Friday), asking people to follow myIrish140 and include the hashtag #makesmeirish in their message.
Tweeters will be able to win a spot prize every 140 minutes, while the writer of the best #makesmeirish will win a 140-hour adventure tour of Ireland, which will include either taking part in a sheepdog trail or taking a hot-air balloon ride.
Sarah Rogers, Tourism Ireland’s customer engagement manager, said: "The My Irish 140 campaign is the latest initiative in our strategy to engage, inform and excite our current and prospective visitors. Social media, and in particular Twitter, can be extraordinarily powerful and, by tapping into people’s Irish connections, we’re confident that we’ll create a lot of buzz about Ireland".
Ian Bates, Indicia creative director, said: "This is an intelligent and bold campaign to capture the imagination of the audience and celebrate the diversity of people’s Irishness around the world.
"Designed to engage and excite, we believe this Twitter campaign will give potential holidaymakers a real flavour of Ireland’s rich cultural and historical landscape."
In October, Tourism Ireland called a review of its £50m global advertising and media accounts.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London