Tourism Ireland in social media push
Tourism Ireland is hoping to make a splash on Twitter by encouraging people to tweet about what makes them Irish.
Tourism Ireland: pushing into social media
The campaign, created by Indicia, will launch tomorrow (Friday), asking people to follow myIrish140 and include the hashtag #makesmeirish in their message.
Tweeters will be able to win a spot prize every 140 minutes, while the writer of the best #makesmeirish will win a 140-hour adventure tour of Ireland, which will include either taking part in a sheepdog trail or taking a hot-air balloon ride.
Sarah Rogers, Tourism Ireland’s customer engagement manager, said: "The My Irish 140 campaign is the latest initiative in our strategy to engage, inform and excite our current and prospective visitors. Social media, and in particular Twitter, can be extraordinarily powerful and, by tapping into people’s Irish connections, we’re confident that we’ll create a lot of buzz about Ireland".
Ian Bates, Indicia creative director, said: "This is an intelligent and bold campaign to capture the imagination of the audience and celebrate the diversity of people’s Irishness around the world.
"Designed to engage and excite, we believe this Twitter campaign will give potential holidaymakers a real flavour of Ireland’s rich cultural and historical landscape."
In October, Tourism Ireland called a review of its £50m global advertising and media accounts.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London