Manchester City to launch iPhone app
Manchester City is set to roll out an iPhone app, co-created by fans, that offers exclusive content from the football club in the New Year.
Manchester City: 2010 club viral featured ex-City striker Craig Bellamy
Launching in January, the app, created by creative agency Aqueduct, will give iPhone users access to club content, including videos and commentary, and statistics from the club's games.
A spokesman for Manchester City said the app would not be free, but could not confirm the price at this time.
Users will be able post their favourite articles on Twitter and Facebook. The app will also give updates on fixtures and has a "players section", offering information about the footballers.
The club, which launched its official website in July, is inviting supporters to become involved in the development of the app, by asking for ideas and feedback on a blog.
In October, Manchester City promoted Ian Cafferky to the new role of chief brand and commercial officer, following the departure of former chief marketing officer David Pullan.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Director - B2B & B2C to £65k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London