Manchester City to launch iPhone app
Manchester City is set to roll out an iPhone app, co-created by fans, that offers exclusive content from the football club in the New Year.
Manchester City: 2010 club viral featured ex-City striker Craig Bellamy
Launching in January, the app, created by creative agency Aqueduct, will give iPhone users access to club content, including videos and commentary, and statistics from the club's games.
A spokesman for Manchester City said the app would not be free, but could not confirm the price at this time.
Users will be able post their favourite articles on Twitter and Facebook. The app will also give updates on fixtures and has a "players section", offering information about the footballers.
The club, which launched its official website in July, is inviting supporters to become involved in the development of the app, by asking for ideas and feedback on a blog.
In October, Manchester City promoted Ian Cafferky to the new role of chief brand and commercial officer, following the departure of former chief marketing officer David Pullan.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region