Shazam appoints chief technology officer
Shazam, the mobile music library, has appointed Yahoo!'s Jason Titus to the newly created role of chief technology officer, as it looks to reposition itself as a mobile discovery company.
Shazam: appoints Yahoo!'s Jason Titus as chief technology officer
Titus has worked at Yahoo! since 2004 and, most recently, held the role of vice- president, communications.
Prior to Yahoo!, he co-founded iAtlas, the mobile travel journal, which he sold to search engine Alta Vista in 1999. Following the deal, he became vice-president, web platforms engineering, at Alta Vista.
Titus will report directly to Andrew Fisher, chief executive of Shazam. He will be responsible for driving innovation in the service and extending its proposition to broadcasters and brands.
Shazam recently announced that it had 100 million users worldwide and is expanding its service beyond music, to help users discover other content, using their mobile devices.
In October, dance group Faithless partnered with Shazam to promote their UK tour and new album, featuring TV ads with the Shazam logo, with a click-through to buy the album.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER- Fashion retailer Success Digital £65000 per annum, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall