Shazam appoints chief technology officer
Shazam, the mobile music library, has appointed Yahoo!'s Jason Titus to the newly created role of chief technology officer, as it looks to reposition itself as a mobile discovery company.
Shazam: appoints Yahoo!'s Jason Titus as chief technology officer
Titus has worked at Yahoo! since 2004 and, most recently, held the role of vice- president, communications.
Prior to Yahoo!, he co-founded iAtlas, the mobile travel journal, which he sold to search engine Alta Vista in 1999. Following the deal, he became vice-president, web platforms engineering, at Alta Vista.
Titus will report directly to Andrew Fisher, chief executive of Shazam. He will be responsible for driving innovation in the service and extending its proposition to broadcasters and brands.
Shazam recently announced that it had 100 million users worldwide and is expanding its service beyond music, to help users discover other content, using their mobile devices.
In October, dance group Faithless partnered with Shazam to promote their UK tour and new album, featuring TV ads with the Shazam logo, with a click-through to buy the album.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Creative Team - digital and direct The Industry Club London Ltd £35,000, Central London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire