Vince Cable is slammed in social media
Current social media buzz surrounding Lib Dem business secretary Vince Cable is largely negative, according to analysis from social media monitoring agency Brandwatch.
Twitter buzz: mentions of Vince Cable mainly negative
Since Vince Cable’s comments to an undercover reporter first emerged on Monday this week, Brandwatch has picked up 9,000 mentions of Vince Cable across social media platforms, with the largest proportion of those being on Twitter at 3,517.
The number of mentions peaked yesterday, when news broke that Cable had said he was "declaring war" on Rupert Murdoch.
Brandwatch found that 64% of the mentions were negative, while 36% were positive, after the neutral sentiment, which is mainly links to news articles, was filtered out.
Giles Palmer, chief executive of Brandwatch said: "Social media is now one of the most important indicators of public opinion, whether monitoring a brand or a fast-developing news story.
"With more than 30 million Brits now regularly using Facebook, it is the most effective way to quickly poll the country on an issue."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire