Vince Cable is slammed in social media
Current social media buzz surrounding Lib Dem business secretary Vince Cable is largely negative, according to analysis from social media monitoring agency Brandwatch.
Twitter buzz: mentions of Vince Cable mainly negative
Since Vince Cable’s comments to an undercover reporter first emerged on Monday this week, Brandwatch has picked up 9,000 mentions of Vince Cable across social media platforms, with the largest proportion of those being on Twitter at 3,517.
The number of mentions peaked yesterday, when news broke that Cable had said he was "declaring war" on Rupert Murdoch.
Brandwatch found that 64% of the mentions were negative, while 36% were positive, after the neutral sentiment, which is mainly links to news articles, was filtered out.
Giles Palmer, chief executive of Brandwatch said: "Social media is now one of the most important indicators of public opinion, whether monitoring a brand or a fast-developing news story.
"With more than 30 million Brits now regularly using Facebook, it is the most effective way to quickly poll the country on an issue."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham