Haymarket wins London 2012 programme brief
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (Locog) has awarded its official London 2012 programme business to Haymarket Media Group, ending a 15-month competitive pitch process.
London 2012: Haymarket wins Olympic programme brief
Haymarket Media Group, publisher of Four Four Two and magazines for the Football Association and Manchester United, is believed to have won the business following a pitch against at least five other media companies.
The account includes the official programmes, which will include feature articles and previews of the athletes, sports and venues, for all 26 sports at both the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
In addition, daily programmes and round-ups focusing on each day’s events will be available at venues throughout the Games.
The business, handled by Haymarket’s Network team, will also be responsible for printing programmes for each individual TeamGB match in the Olympic Football competition, and a general football programme that will cover the rest of the competition.
Approximately 2.5 million programmes, produced and printed by Haymarket Media Group, will go on sale in 2012, with contributions from top sports writers from the UK and the world.
Chris Townsend, commercial director at Locog, said: "Official programmes are a feature of many sporting events – and the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games are no different.
"In generations to come they will be valued and, in some cases, valuable keepsakes, leaving memories of these once-in-our-lifetime events. I’m particularly pleased that they will be written, designed and printed in the UK, demonstrating how the Games are truly benefiting UK plc."
Kevin Costello, chief executive of Haymarket Media Group, said: "It’s hard to overstate what a coup this is. It’s been a long time in gestation, ever since Network first worked with the Olympic bid team back in 2004.
"Since then we’ve built an ever closer relationship, beating off some stiff competition. Huge congratulations to Cormac Bourne, Simon Kanter and the whole Network team."
Haymarket Media Group also owns BrandRepublic.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Freelance Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Freelance Powerpoint Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, London