Haymarket wins London 2012 programme brief
The London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games (Locog) has awarded its official London 2012 programme business to Haymarket Media Group, ending a 15-month competitive pitch process.
London 2012: Haymarket wins Olympic programme brief
Haymarket Media Group, publisher of Four Four Two and magazines for the Football Association and Manchester United, is believed to have won the business following a pitch against at least five other media companies.
The account includes the official programmes, which will include feature articles and previews of the athletes, sports and venues, for all 26 sports at both the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
In addition, daily programmes and round-ups focusing on each day’s events will be available at venues throughout the Games.
The business, handled by Haymarket’s Network team, will also be responsible for printing programmes for each individual TeamGB match in the Olympic Football competition, and a general football programme that will cover the rest of the competition.
Approximately 2.5 million programmes, produced and printed by Haymarket Media Group, will go on sale in 2012, with contributions from top sports writers from the UK and the world.
Chris Townsend, commercial director at Locog, said: "Official programmes are a feature of many sporting events – and the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games are no different.
"In generations to come they will be valued and, in some cases, valuable keepsakes, leaving memories of these once-in-our-lifetime events. I’m particularly pleased that they will be written, designed and printed in the UK, demonstrating how the Games are truly benefiting UK plc."
Kevin Costello, chief executive of Haymarket Media Group, said: "It’s hard to overstate what a coup this is. It’s been a long time in gestation, ever since Network first worked with the Olympic bid team back in 2004.
"Since then we’ve built an ever closer relationship, beating off some stiff competition. Huge congratulations to Cormac Bourne, Simon Kanter and the whole Network team."
Haymarket Media Group also owns BrandRepublic.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East