BA targets disgruntled Aussies with online Ashes campaign
British Airways has launched an online promotion for flights from Sydney to London, offering to discount flights by the largest amount of runs England scores in a single Ashes innings.
BA: targets cricket fans with Ashes ad by Ogilvy
The campaign, created by OgilvyOne London, advertises a discount on BA flights between Sydney and London, via an MPU that has a scoreboard with a live feed showing the England score going up and the price of the flight going down.
The tongue-in-cheek campaign is running on Australian sites only, such as the Sydney Morning Herald, and uses the strapline "Do something you never thought you would do. Cheer on England".
Andrew Boggs, business director for the British Airways account at Ogilvy London, said: "The idea was to offer Australian cricket fans some consolation in defeat – without resorting to triumphalism or condescension."
England go into the fourth day of the final Ashes test this evening in Sydney with a commanding lead over their arch rivals.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Designer become £40-45K, Central London
- Senior Designer - Digital Agency Aquent £40-£45k, North London
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 per annum, London
- Global Innovation Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, South East region