BA targets disgruntled Aussies with online Ashes campaign
British Airways has launched an online promotion for flights from Sydney to London, offering to discount flights by the largest amount of runs England scores in a single Ashes innings.
BA: targets cricket fans with Ashes ad by Ogilvy
The campaign, created by OgilvyOne London, advertises a discount on BA flights between Sydney and London, via an MPU that has a scoreboard with a live feed showing the England score going up and the price of the flight going down.
The tongue-in-cheek campaign is running on Australian sites only, such as the Sydney Morning Herald, and uses the strapline "Do something you never thought you would do. Cheer on England".
Andrew Boggs, business director for the British Airways account at Ogilvy London, said: "The idea was to offer Australian cricket fans some consolation in defeat – without resorting to triumphalism or condescension."
England go into the fourth day of the final Ashes test this evening in Sydney with a commanding lead over their arch rivals.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London