BA targets disgruntled Aussies with online Ashes campaign
British Airways has launched an online promotion for flights from Sydney to London, offering to discount flights by the largest amount of runs England scores in a single Ashes innings.
BA: targets cricket fans with Ashes ad by Ogilvy
The campaign, created by OgilvyOne London, advertises a discount on BA flights between Sydney and London, via an MPU that has a scoreboard with a live feed showing the England score going up and the price of the flight going down.
The tongue-in-cheek campaign is running on Australian sites only, such as the Sydney Morning Herald, and uses the strapline "Do something you never thought you would do. Cheer on England".
Andrew Boggs, business director for the British Airways account at Ogilvy London, said: "The idea was to offer Australian cricket fans some consolation in defeat – without resorting to triumphalism or condescension."
England go into the fourth day of the final Ashes test this evening in Sydney with a commanding lead over their arch rivals.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London