Facebook revenue set to pass billion-pound-a-year mark
Facebook has revealed to potential investors that it generated revenue of $1.2bn (£780m) and net income of $335m (£217m) in the first nine months of 2010, according to reports.
Facebook: speculation grows about an IPO
The performance means it was on track for 2010 revenue of more than a billion pounds and is pulling in a quarter of Yahoo!'s revenue.
The ailing internet portal reported revenue for the first nine months of 2010 of $4.8bn and net income of $927m.
Google reported revenue of $20.9bn and net income of $2.17bn for the same period.
The company indicated that it would begin disclosing comprehensive financial information or go public as early as April 2012.
Earlier this week (4 January), Facebook received a $500m investment from Goldman Sachs and Russian investor Digital Sky Technologies. The Wall Street bank also set up a special purpose investment vehicle for its clients to raise a further $1.5bn.
The investment valued the company at $50bn and sparked speculation that an IPO is on the horizon
Currently, Facebook does not disclose financial data. In the document, the social media network stated that it expected to cross the 500-investor threshold by 2010, which, under US law, would mean it would be forced to publicly disclose financial information.
Facebook declined to comment on the reports.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + benefits, Newmarket