FA to pay out £500,000 to Fiat
The Football Association (FA) has been forced to pay out as much as £500,000 compensation to Fiat, after prematurely ending its commercial deal as its official car supplier.
The FA: payout to Fiat after ending commercial deal
The FA has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with rival car brand Vauxhall to become headline sponsor of the England team, thus causing a conflict of commercial partners.
The FA did not disclose specific financial details of the amount it had to pay to Fiat, which signed a four-year deal with the FA to be its official car supplier in February 2010. Reports suggest the figure is as much as £500,000.
Vauxhall is due to sign sponsorship agreements with the three other home nations, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The FA confirmed it had exited its agreement with Fiat. Fiat was unavailable for comment.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London