We7 moves beyond UK with Irish launch
We7, the ad and subscriptions-funded music streaming service, has launched in Ireland, stepping beyond the UK into the European market.
We7: moves into Europe
The service, founded in 2006 and backed by Genesis frontman Peter Gabriel, allows users to create personal radio stations and specific requests for their favourite songs, albums and artists.
Its subscription service, which gives users ad-free listening, is available in Ireland for an introductory price of €4.99 for PCs and €9.99, to include iPhone and Android devices. Users will also be able to buy mp3 downloads of songs, albums and playlists.
We7, which competes with Spotify and Last.fm, began charging UK users for an ad-free service in the UK last year.
It claims to have three million monthly music users in the UK and a library of 6.8 million tracks under licence from all four major record labels.
In March last year, Yahoo! was appointed to sell display ads for the service to brands looking to target its core audience of 16- to 25-year-olds.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London