We7 moves beyond UK with Irish launch
We7, the ad and subscriptions-funded music streaming service, has launched in Ireland, stepping beyond the UK into the European market.
We7: moves into Europe
The service, founded in 2006 and backed by Genesis frontman Peter Gabriel, allows users to create personal radio stations and specific requests for their favourite songs, albums and artists.
Its subscription service, which gives users ad-free listening, is available in Ireland for an introductory price of €4.99 for PCs and €9.99, to include iPhone and Android devices. Users will also be able to buy mp3 downloads of songs, albums and playlists.
We7, which competes with Spotify and Last.fm, began charging UK users for an ad-free service in the UK last year.
It claims to have three million monthly music users in the UK and a library of 6.8 million tracks under licence from all four major record labels.
In March last year, Yahoo! was appointed to sell display ads for the service to brands looking to target its core audience of 16- to 25-year-olds.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Test Madgex11 Test, Brighton, East Sussex
- Senior Quantitative Consultant Trace £40k to £50k, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Quantitative Consultant - Brand Consultancy Trace £45k to £50k, negotiable, South East England / Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- EMEA Senior Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £55000 per annum + plus benefits, Buckinghamshire
- Interim Brand Manager - 3 month FTC Brand Recruitment £35000 per annum + benefits, Buckinghamshire