We7 moves beyond UK with Irish launch
We7, the ad and subscriptions-funded music streaming service, has launched in Ireland, stepping beyond the UK into the European market.
We7: moves into Europe
The service, founded in 2006 and backed by Genesis frontman Peter Gabriel, allows users to create personal radio stations and specific requests for their favourite songs, albums and artists.
Its subscription service, which gives users ad-free listening, is available in Ireland for an introductory price of €4.99 for PCs and €9.99, to include iPhone and Android devices. Users will also be able to buy mp3 downloads of songs, albums and playlists.
We7, which competes with Spotify and Last.fm, began charging UK users for an ad-free service in the UK last year.
It claims to have three million monthly music users in the UK and a library of 6.8 million tracks under licence from all four major record labels.
In March last year, Yahoo! was appointed to sell display ads for the service to brands looking to target its core audience of 16- to 25-year-olds.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East