Pink Ponies campaign spoof highlights industry pitfalls
Toronto-based agency John St has created a satirical sideswipe at those working in the advertising industry ahead of submissions for industry awards in 2011.
Pink Ponies awards spoof highlights industry pitfalls
The spoof marketing campaign for an eight year old's birthday party captures many of the over-used and self-inflated buzzwords and ideas spiralling around advertising today.
After explaining "The Big Idea" behind the Pink Ponies campaign, the video takes on an all too familiar format, ranging from use of traditional techniques, social media and word of mouth "buzz", to below-the-line executions, new media and, ultimately, the ROI.
The mock campaign ends with the suitably overblown tagline, "In the end we didn't just create a birthday, we created a birthday movement".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £25000 - £27000 per annum, Southampton