Pink Ponies campaign spoof highlights industry pitfalls
Toronto-based agency John St has created a satirical sideswipe at those working in the advertising industry ahead of submissions for industry awards in 2011.
Pink Ponies awards spoof highlights industry pitfalls
The spoof marketing campaign for an eight year old's birthday party captures many of the over-used and self-inflated buzzwords and ideas spiralling around advertising today.
After explaining "The Big Idea" behind the Pink Ponies campaign, the video takes on an all too familiar format, ranging from use of traditional techniques, social media and word of mouth "buzz", to below-the-line executions, new media and, ultimately, the ROI.
The mock campaign ends with the suitably overblown tagline, "In the end we didn't just create a birthday, we created a birthday movement".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London
- Responsive Designer (Top 10 NMA) Premier Media £35K + benefits, Central London