Pink Ponies campaign spoof highlights industry pitfalls
Toronto-based agency John St has created a satirical sideswipe at those working in the advertising industry ahead of submissions for industry awards in 2011.
Pink Ponies awards spoof highlights industry pitfalls
The spoof marketing campaign for an eight year old's birthday party captures many of the over-used and self-inflated buzzwords and ideas spiralling around advertising today.
After explaining "The Big Idea" behind the Pink Ponies campaign, the video takes on an all too familiar format, ranging from use of traditional techniques, social media and word of mouth "buzz", to below-the-line executions, new media and, ultimately, the ROI.
The mock campaign ends with the suitably overblown tagline, "In the end we didn't just create a birthday, we created a birthday movement".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London