BSkyB expected to buy The Cloud
BSkyB is to step-up its competition with BT and is expected to announce a deal to buy WiFi operator The Cloud later this week.
The Cloud: targeted by BSkyB
The Cloud operates WiFi hotspots around the UK, Germany and Nordic countries, and a deal could give Sky's 2.8 million broadband customers fast WiFi connections at 22,000 hotspots across Europe.
A Cloud spokesman would not confirm the sale, but said, "we will have something this week".
BT already operates two million hotspots that are available to its broadband customers.
The Cloud's hotspots are usually found in prominent public spaces, such as large train stations including Waterloo, or in city wide schemes such in the City of London or Stuttgart, among others
Phone operators are divided on how to deal with increased use. T-Mobile is attempting to cap customers' data usage, while Three has removed the data cap for UK customers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- PR Account Director Brand Recruitment £30000 per annum + plus bonuses + benefits, Norwich
- Senior Account Manager [Integrated] - Superb Agency - £37k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £37k+, Central London