Tesco and Capital FM top BR app chart
Tesco's grocery app has retained its position at number one in this week's BR chart, demonstrating the continuing strength of mobile commerce.
Tesco: TV campaign promotes barcode scanner
Tesco, eBay, Argos and Amazon all appear in the top 15 branded apps as 2011 shapes up to be the year when m-commerce becomes commonplace.
In the week when Rajar reported the latest digital listening figures, with numbers now reaching a quarter of all listeners, Global will be pleased to see its Capital FM app still riding high.
Sky's triple showing for its various news products will be pleasing for its owners, especially with the Sports News app listing above BBC news' gadget.
With no marketing campaign specific apps making this week's top 15, Nike's continued presence shows the value of creating branded utilities that people will continue to use long after a specific campaign has come and gone.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, Winnersh, Berkshire
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)