AOL splashes out $315m on Huffington Post
AOL has agreed to acquire The Huffington Post, which has in the region of 25 million monthly users, for $315m (£195m).
AOL: acquires The Washington Post
In a statement, Tim Armstrong, chairman and chief executive of AOL, said: "The acquisition of The Huffington Post will create a next-generation American media company with global reach that combines content, community, and social experiences for consumers.
"Together, our companies will embrace the digital future and become a digital destination that delivers unmatched experiences for both consumers and advertisers."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior/Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £30000 per annum, Reigate
- Web Studio Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £41000 per annum + Benefits , Leeds
- Technical Lead Red Sofa London £60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum, West London