AOL's Kate Burns joins Addictive as non-exec
Senior vice-president of AOL Europe Kate Burns is joining Addictive Interactive as a non-executive board director.
Kate Burns: joins Addictive Interactive
Burns will advise Addictive Interactive on business strategy and market development for its social loyalty platform, BeAddictive. She will keep her role at AOL Europe.
BeAddictive has more than 500,000 registered users to its loyalty scheme, which launched in 2004 with the creation of Addictive Interactive.
The site, which links with Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms, rewards visitors with loyalty points for each action they take. The points can be redeemed for prizes, gifts and money-off vouchers on the site.
Users can connect to people with similar interests, share photos and videos, enter competitions, read or write their own blogs and write reviews.
Burns joined AOL in July 2009 from subsidiary company Bebo, which she joined in 2008. Previously, she was the managing director of Dailymotion UK, where she was responsible for growing its audience, building an advertising sales operation and creating commercial partnerships.
In 2001 Burns joined Google as Director, UK, Ireland and Benelux, notably as its first employee outside the US, and was responsible for driving Google's international business. She also held sales positions at Altavista and Doubleclick, as well as Ziff Davis and News International.
Burns said: "I was attracted to Addictive Interactive because social shopping and loyalty is becoming increasingly popular. People want more than just reviews – they want to know who is behind the review and whether they like them and feel they can trust their opinion.
"BeAddictive rewards users and is the first social platform to increase loyalty, engagement, data and sales. The company is well managed with excellent leadership and I am confident this is the next logical step for the rapid growth of social media internationally."
Sarah Jane Thomson, joint chief executive of Addictive Interactive and a founder of Thomson Intermedia, said: "Kate brings an unparalleled wealth of online expertise to Addictive Interactive. She has an excellent business acumen and leadership skills coupled with a solid understanding of business strategy and market development, both in the UK and internationally."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Associate Director - Marketing Strategy Trace c. £85k, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Quantitative Research Manager Trace £32k to £40k, South East England / Berkshire / Maidenhead, Berkshire / Windsor, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Propel £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Web Designer Propel £28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Milton Keynes