JPMorgan in talks over $450m Twitter stake
A JPMorgan fund is in talks to buy a 10% stake in Twitter, which values the microblogging service at $4.5bn, according to reports.
Twitter: JPMorgan reportedly seeks a 10% stake
Twitter has recently been the subject of speculation about a possible sale to either Facebook or Google, with a figure of $10bn bandied about.
Some worry that valuations in the social media space have run into "bubble" territory – WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell told the Financial Times today (28 February) that he was seeing "a number of excesses in terms of valuation".
Sorrell, when asked whether he thought Facebook was worth $60bn, said: "What do I know? I thought $15bn was too high, so I know nothing. I'd better shut up."
Read more on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Search Marketing Executive (PPC & SEO) Salt £30000 - £35000 per annum + bens, London
- Campaign Reporting & Performance Major Players £50000 - £55000 per annum + bouns / bens, London
- INTEGRATED DESIGNER - BIRMINGHAM - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Digital Marketing - FT/PT Krooter £18k - 20k per year, City of Edinburgh
- Experiential Account Manager (5 weeks) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London