JPMorgan in talks over $450m Twitter stake
A JPMorgan fund is in talks to buy a 10% stake in Twitter, which values the microblogging service at $4.5bn, according to reports.
Twitter: JPMorgan reportedly seeks a 10% stake
Twitter has recently been the subject of speculation about a possible sale to either Facebook or Google, with a figure of $10bn bandied about.
Some worry that valuations in the social media space have run into "bubble" territory – WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell told the Financial Times today (28 February) that he was seeing "a number of excesses in terms of valuation".
Sorrell, when asked whether he thought Facebook was worth $60bn, said: "What do I know? I thought $15bn was too high, so I know nothing. I'd better shut up."
Read more on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London