JPMorgan in talks over $450m Twitter stake
A JPMorgan fund is in talks to buy a 10% stake in Twitter, which values the microblogging service at $4.5bn, according to reports.
Twitter: JPMorgan reportedly seeks a 10% stake
Twitter has recently been the subject of speculation about a possible sale to either Facebook or Google, with a figure of $10bn bandied about.
Some worry that valuations in the social media space have run into "bubble" territory – WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell told the Financial Times today (28 February) that he was seeing "a number of excesses in terms of valuation".
Sorrell, when asked whether he thought Facebook was worth $60bn, said: "What do I know? I thought $15bn was too high, so I know nothing. I'd better shut up."
Read more on Brand Republic
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated - £28-32K Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent agency benefits , London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £42,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Innovation Development Manager Stopgap £35750 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Social Content Producer leading London Digital Agency highly progressive social account Ramsden Road c.£40k, London (Central), London (Greater)