Disney film helps O2 deliver 2.5m impacts
New release 'I am Number Four' helped an O2 ad achieve 2.5 million impacts at the cinema, according to unofficial figures from Digital Cinema Media.
The ad, by VCCP, is set in a Narnia-inspired world and features a faun who explains how "existing customers always get our very best deals when they stay with us".
Slots for the ad have been planned and bought by ZenithOptimedia.
‘I Am Number Four’ is a Disney-produced sci-fi action thriller about nine remaining members of an alien race who have sought refuge on Earth. It brought in £1,628,523 at the box office on its opening weekend.
The first three of the nine refugees are killed and the fourth member, John Smith played by actor Alex Pettyfer, is next.
The ad ran against 'Paul', an alien comedy starring Simon Pegg and the voice of Seth Rogan, and the Oscar-winning 'The Kings Speech'.
|Full box office figures (Feb 26&27)|
|FILM||WEEKEND BOX OFFICE||WEEKEND IMPACTS||TOTAL BOX OFFICE SO FAR||IMPACTS SO FAR|
|Gnomeo and Juliet (Eone Film)||£2,502,806||472,227.55||£12,901,447||2,434,235.28|
|I am Number Four (Disney)||£1,628,523||313,177.50||£1,628,523||313,177.50|
|Yogi Bear (Warner)||£1,465,863||276,577.92||£7,635,574||1,440,674.34|
|The King's Speech (Momentum)||£1,207,963||232,300.58||£39,850,419||7,663,542.12|
|Big Momma's: Like Father,... (20Th Fox)||£993,485||232,300.58||£4,080,907||7,663,542.12|
|No Strings Attached (Paramount)||£978,974||191,054.81||£978,974||784,789.81|
|True Grit (Paramount)||£862,260||188,264.23||£6,426,424||1,235,850.77|
|West is West (Icon)||£758,226||145,812.69||£758,226||145,812.69|
|Drive Angry (Lionsgate)||£651,344||100,206.77||£651,344||100,206.77|
|The Rite (Warner)||£626,159||96,332.15||£626,159||96,332.15|
|Just Go With It (Sony)||£460,454||88,548.85||£5,149,336||990,256.92|
|Justin Bieber: Never Say... (Paramount)||£421,090||79,450.94||£1,993,888||376,205.28|
|Black Swan (20th Century Fox)||£344,755||53,039.23||£15,226,641||2,342,560.15|
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London
- Senior Consultant Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £68K + benefits, South West London