Daniel Craig dons a dress for equality
Equals has launched a film starring James Bond actor Daniel Craig dressed as a woman, in a campaign to promote International Women's Day.
Equals: makes a stand for women's rights
Equals is a partnership of charities that works to highlight inequality between men and women.
The film has been released to coincide with the global recognition day, which celebrates its 100th birthday today. The event highlights the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future.
The Craig film is directed by ‘Nowhere Boy’ director and artist Sam Taylor-Wood with the voice of Dame Judi Dench, who plays M in the Bond films. In the ad Craig undergoes a dramatic makeover as he puts himself in "a woman’s shoes".
The film can be streamed online and will be shown in cinemas to highlight the levels of inequality that persist between men and women in the UK and worldwide.
Other activity in support of International Women’s Day includes an ad from the European Union, which was carried by the Daily Mail & General Trust’s free newspaper Metro.
Today The Guardian published its Top 100 Women across 10 categories, praising internet guru Martha Lane Fox (technology), Doris Lessing (writing and academia) and Aung San Suu Kyi (politics).
The Metro also carried out a poll to mark the occasion, asking its readers "Who is your favourite influential London woman?" Leona Lewis, former winner of ‘The X Factor’ won the poll with 70.9% of the vote.
In October Amnesty, Save the Children, Oxfam and ActionAid were among the charities to team up to launch a campaign to mark the centenary of International Women's Day and appointed Karmarama to devise its brand identity.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London