Annas: recognition for BA and BBH
An ad for British Airways has been named January's ad of the month in the 2011 Awards for National Newspaper Advertising (Annas).
BA: 'big sale' wins ad of the month
BA's campaign for 'The Very Very Very Big Sale' was praised by Russell Ramsay, creative judge and executive creative director at JWT.
He said: " [The ad is] simple, to the point and bags of charm. OK, it’s a retail message but it feels like a big, confident brand talking."
The ad was created by Matthew Moreland and Chris Clarke of BBH, with media by ZenithOptimedia.
Ramsey also nominated another BA execution for the 'Big Sale' campaign as well as "no" for Nissan Leaf by TBWA, "mousetrap" for Barclays Bank by BBH and "dinner party" for ING Direct by Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
Ian Armstrong, manager for European communications at Honda, and the award's advertiser judge, chose "flu germs (bus)" for the COI/Department of Health by David Mackersey and Jonathan John of DDB, with media by MEC.
He said: "This is one of those ads that requires no real contemplation to get the message. A strong image and a clear message explaining its point very eloquently."
Armstrong also nominated seven executions for Thomson Holidays by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, five executions for Tropicana by DDB, and "running" for Asics by in-house creatives.
The 20 nominated ads join the 17 already chosen for the 2011 Annas. Overall winners will receive £25,000 on 25th January 2012. So far, three months in, BBH and DDB are topping the league table.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London