Guinness launches 'friendly' Facebook app
Guinness has launched an augmented reality Facebook app, which pours and shares a virtual pint, ahead of St. Patrick's Day later this week (17 March).
Guinness: creates augmented reality Facebook app
Visitors to the Guinness Facebook page can use the app, created by Geronimo, to pour themselves a virtual pint of the Irish stout, and share the link with their friends so they can do the same.
The Diageo-owned Irish stout brand is hoping the activity will go viral and make St Patrick’s Day the "friendliest" day of the year.
Dawn Topham, senior brand manager at Diageo Guinness Continental Europe said: "Guinness is an iconic brand synonymous with St. Patrick's Day, so we wanted to drive fun brand interaction in a way that has not been done before."
Earlier this month (8 March), Guinness launched an online St Patrick's Day campaign to encourage men to be friendlier to each other.
The three 30-second spots, "man hug" and "smiling" and "conversations with a stranger", created by AMV BBDO, can be viewed on Facebook, YouTube and Pub TV.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London