Guinness launches 'friendly' Facebook app
Guinness has launched an augmented reality Facebook app, which pours and shares a virtual pint, ahead of St. Patrick's Day later this week (17 March).
Guinness: creates augmented reality Facebook app
Visitors to the Guinness Facebook page can use the app, created by Geronimo, to pour themselves a virtual pint of the Irish stout, and share the link with their friends so they can do the same.
The Diageo-owned Irish stout brand is hoping the activity will go viral and make St Patrick’s Day the "friendliest" day of the year.
Dawn Topham, senior brand manager at Diageo Guinness Continental Europe said: "Guinness is an iconic brand synonymous with St. Patrick's Day, so we wanted to drive fun brand interaction in a way that has not been done before."
Earlier this month (8 March), Guinness launched an online St Patrick's Day campaign to encourage men to be friendlier to each other.
The three 30-second spots, "man hug" and "smiling" and "conversations with a stranger", created by AMV BBDO, can be viewed on Facebook, YouTube and Pub TV.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire