BBC channels to air Royal Wedding live in Asia
HONG KONG - BBC Worldwide Channels has announced BBC viewers can tune it to watch the BBC One feed of Prince William and Catherine Middleton's wedding on 29 April, estimated to start at 3pm Hong Kong and Singapore time.
In Asia, the feed will be broadcast live on both BBC Entertainment and BBC Knowledge.
In Hong Kong, the channels are available on NowTV and Hong Kong Cable, and StarHub in Singapore. The live broadcasting is be estaimted to start at 3pm Hong Kong and Singapore time on 29 April.
Acclaimed BBC newscaster Huw Edwards will lead the BBC’s team of presenters as the day unfolds.
BBC World News will also broadcast four special witness programmes from 1 April. Each programme will offer a uniquely personal perspective on major royal stories from history including the marriage of Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier, Edward and Wallace Simpson, HRH Prince Charles and Princess Diana and Botswana chief Sir Seretse Khama and Englishwoman Ruth Williams.
As part of the wedding celebrations, BBC Knowledge and BBC Entertainment in Asia will also be airing a host of royal documentaries in the lead up to the event. Programmes starting from 21 April include premieres of The House of Windsor, History of Royal Weddings, William and Kate: A Royal Love Story, Royally Mad, Secrets of a Royal Bridesmaid and Inside the Royal Wedding.
There will also be four special Royal Wedding editions of regular strand One Square Mile and a weekly Royal Wedding Special programme hosted by Mishal Husain.
"The Royal Wedding provides a special opportunity to bring together our local channels around the world for a truly global viewing event," said Jana Bennett, president of BBC Worldwide Networks and Global iPlayer.
"William and Catherine’s big day has captured the imagination of audiences around the world and I am proud that for the first time, millions of BBC Entertainment and BBC Knowledge viewers in Africa, Asia, India, Latin America, the Middle East and Europe can join together to watch the day unfold."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London