Daily Star lifts Saturday and weekday cover price
The Daily Star has made selected cover price rises, increasing its Saturday issue by 5p to 55p, and the price of its weekday issue by 5p to 30p in the central region, which includes Birmingham.
Daily Star: announces cover price increases
Cover-price promotion is a long-standing tactic used by newspapers to lure readers, at the expense of circulation revenue.
The Richard Desmond-owned tabloid has been using the tactic of yo-yoing its cover price to pinch readers from its red-top rivals, the Daily Mirror and The Sun.
The 45p Daily Mirror’s strategy is not to price-promote, unlike The Sun, the best-selling national newspaper, which is price-promoting to 25p in London.
The Daily Star's basic cover price is 30p, but the title is still price discounting to 20p in selected parts of the country.
According to the latest ABC figures, the circulation of the Daily Star was 718,478 in February.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Director of Strategy Factory Design Labs Depending on Qualifications, Valais