Daily Star lifts Saturday and weekday cover price
The Daily Star has made selected cover price rises, increasing its Saturday issue by 5p to 55p, and the price of its weekday issue by 5p to 30p in the central region, which includes Birmingham.
Daily Star: announces cover price increases
Cover-price promotion is a long-standing tactic used by newspapers to lure readers, at the expense of circulation revenue.
The Richard Desmond-owned tabloid has been using the tactic of yo-yoing its cover price to pinch readers from its red-top rivals, the Daily Mirror and The Sun.
The 45p Daily Mirror’s strategy is not to price-promote, unlike The Sun, the best-selling national newspaper, which is price-promoting to 25p in London.
The Daily Star's basic cover price is 30p, but the title is still price discounting to 20p in selected parts of the country.
According to the latest ABC figures, the circulation of the Daily Star was 718,478 in February.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham