BRIC Report: Video game advertising spend
The total value of video game advertising revenue in Brazil, Russia, India and China for the period 2005 to 2014.
Figures from PWC's Global entertainment and media outlook: 2010–2014 report.
The video game market consists of consumer spending on console games (including handheld games), personal computer games, online games, and wireless games as well as video game advertising.
The category excludes spending on the hardware and accessories used for playing the games. Retail purchases of games are included in either the PC or console game categories.
The online games category includes microtransactions, which are players’ purchases of accessories and additional game content that enhance the gaming experience. If these games are then played online for a subscription fee, the subscription fee is counted in the online game category.
|Video game advertising market (US$ millions)|
Sources: PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Wilkofsky Gruen Associates. At average 2009 exchange rates. Figures for 2010 onwards are forecasts.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £45000 - £55000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Partnerships Manager Sport England £37,336, Bloomsbury, London
- Interaction Designer Zebra People £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Senior CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East