IGN hires commercial chief to lead UK expansion
News Corp-owned IGN Entertainment has hired former Target Media group trading director Adam Hopkinson as UK commercial director as it bids to double the size of its sales operation.
Adam Hopkinson: commercial director at IGN Entertainment
Hopkinson, who will report to international VP and managing director Ian Chambers, will lead sales across film, game and lifestyle brands for websites IGN and ASkMen, and joins after 12 years at Target Media.
IGN has been ramping up its sales operation since News Corp announced in January it would be axing staff worldwide at sister website MySpace, which included cutting its UK operation from 50 to about 15 staff.
The restructure effectively handed control of IGN sales back to the brand, with its portfolio having previously been represented as part of the wider MySpace sales operation.
Since the announcement IGN has been looking to double the size of its commercial team, hiring along the way a film sales manager, Shivali Ramanandi, from Bauer Media, with a publisher for AskMen currently being recruited.
Chambers said Hopkinson has "the experience and connections we need to continue the significant growth we have enjoyed over the past year".
IGN Entertainment properties, including IGN.com and AskMen.com, reach 3.3 million readers a month across the UK, with the network reporting 23% growth in the fourth quarter of 2010, according to ComScore.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London