Apple showcases iAds in special app
Apple has created a free iPhone and iPad app just to showcase a number of its iAd campaigns.
Apple iAd: new app displays ad campaigns
The format was launched first in the US in July 2010. Brands that have used them include Nespresso, Perrier, Citi, Evian, LG Display, AB InBev, Unilever, Turkish Airlines and Absolute Radio.
The app gives information on both the ads and the agencies behind them.
Apple recently dropped the minimum price needed to use the iAds network by around half to £325,000, to attract smaller brands to the platform.
Absolute Radio said it experienced a 70% to 80% uplift in brand engagement from using iAds. Clive Dickens, managing director for Absolute, said the platform offered something "over and above" other mobile or web ad platforms.
Rival Android now has 51% of the smartphone market in the US, making Google's Admob the dominant player, but variations in the power and capacity of handsets give an inconsistent experience, according to Dickens.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London