Apple showcases iAds in special app
Apple has created a free iPhone and iPad app just to showcase a number of its iAd campaigns.
Apple iAd: new app displays ad campaigns
The format was launched first in the US in July 2010. Brands that have used them include Nespresso, Perrier, Citi, Evian, LG Display, AB InBev, Unilever, Turkish Airlines and Absolute Radio.
The app gives information on both the ads and the agencies behind them.
Apple recently dropped the minimum price needed to use the iAds network by around half to £325,000, to attract smaller brands to the platform.
Absolute Radio said it experienced a 70% to 80% uplift in brand engagement from using iAds. Clive Dickens, managing director for Absolute, said the platform offered something "over and above" other mobile or web ad platforms.
Rival Android now has 51% of the smartphone market in the US, making Google's Admob the dominant player, but variations in the power and capacity of handsets give an inconsistent experience, according to Dickens.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Periscope Recruitment LLP £50000 - £60000 per annum, London