BT's Adam and Jane campaign draws 480,000 votes
BT has claimed its appeal to the nation to help plan the wedding of its advertising characters Adam and Jane attracted 480,000 votes via Facebook and text.
In the next ad viewers will get to see Jane’s wedding dress, the car and the first dance, which were all voted on.
BT expects that 28m people will see the wedding ad, which is due to be first screened during a Britain’s Got Talent ad break on Saturday, over this weekend.
Of the 480,000 who voted, over 69,000 people opted for the classic white vintage Suzanne Neville wedding dress Jane will wear, and over 128,000 people voted for the Bentley the bride will arrive in.
Viewers were also invited to choose the music for the couple’s first dance. ‘Loving You’ by Minnie Riperton was the outstanding favourite ahead of ‘Unbelievable’ by EMF.
The nation was called upon to help plan the wedding via www.facebook.com/BTUK after Jane went into early labour in the last ad, screened in March.
This is the second time the country has been involved in the Adam and Jane storyline. Last August the nation voted for the couple to expect a baby.
David James, marketing director BT Retail, said: "Over the course of the campaign, the Facebook fan base has grown hugely and the wedding has been the subject of much debate both online and in the media with lovers and haters, the paparazzi even got pictures!"
Tens of thousands of fans also entered a prize draw to win the opportunity to attend the wedding as ‘guests’.
The winners will appear in shots such as the groom’s speech and first dance.
To celebrate the nuptials, BT is offering one couple the opportunity to win a seven-day trip to the Bahamas, including a dolphin encounter, on its Facebook page.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire