BT's Adam and Jane campaign draws 480,000 votes
BT has claimed its appeal to the nation to help plan the wedding of its advertising characters Adam and Jane attracted 480,000 votes via Facebook and text.
In the next ad viewers will get to see Jane’s wedding dress, the car and the first dance, which were all voted on.
BT expects that 28m people will see the wedding ad, which is due to be first screened during a Britain’s Got Talent ad break on Saturday, over this weekend.
Of the 480,000 who voted, over 69,000 people opted for the classic white vintage Suzanne Neville wedding dress Jane will wear, and over 128,000 people voted for the Bentley the bride will arrive in.
Viewers were also invited to choose the music for the couple’s first dance. ‘Loving You’ by Minnie Riperton was the outstanding favourite ahead of ‘Unbelievable’ by EMF.
The nation was called upon to help plan the wedding via www.facebook.com/BTUK after Jane went into early labour in the last ad, screened in March.
This is the second time the country has been involved in the Adam and Jane storyline. Last August the nation voted for the couple to expect a baby.
David James, marketing director BT Retail, said: "Over the course of the campaign, the Facebook fan base has grown hugely and the wedding has been the subject of much debate both online and in the media with lovers and haters, the paparazzi even got pictures!"
Tens of thousands of fans also entered a prize draw to win the opportunity to attend the wedding as ‘guests’.
The winners will appear in shots such as the groom’s speech and first dance.
To celebrate the nuptials, BT is offering one couple the opportunity to win a seven-day trip to the Bahamas, including a dolphin encounter, on its Facebook page.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London
- Head of Lead Generation - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum to £60,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Midlands