Google to acquire Admeld for $400m
Google has agreed to acquire Admeld, the online advertising yield optimisation platform, for a reported $400m (£244m).
Admeld: set to be acquired by Google for a reported $400m
Admeld was founded in the US in 2007, started operating in the UK in January 2009, and has worked with clients including ITV, Mail Online, Dennis and Future.
Last week, it won best ad technology platform at the AOP Awards.
Competing with the likes of Rubicon Project, it will now form part of Google's online advertising services, which include search, the Google Display Network, YouTube, mobile ad network AdMob and DoubleClick, its ad exchange.
Neal Mohan, Google's vice-president of display advertising, said in a blog post yesterday: "Together with Admeld, we hope to make display advertising simpler, more efficient and more valuable, provide improved support and services, and enable publishers to make decisions across all their ad space.
"Of course, Admeld will continue to support other ad networks, demand-side platforms, exchanges and ad servers, to yield the best possible results for publishers."
The acquisition is likely to attract the attention of regulators in the US.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire