NHS Direct just the tonic for BR app chart
This week's branded app chart is topped by NHS Direct, with Volkswagen making a new entry in second place.
NHS Direct: straight in at number one in the BR app chart
Released on 31 May, the universal appeal of the free NHS Direct app has driven it straight to the head of the table.
It gives health advice via a questionnaire approach, but is only intended to be used by people living in England.
The Volkswagen app celebrates 35 years of the Golf GTI in a free driving game and also includes a dealership locator tool.
Further down the chart, Groupon hangs on in the top three and there is a re-entry to the top 15 for Barclaycard's Waterslide Extreme game, first released in 2009.
Orange takes 15th place with a new app helping users to easily connect to BT Openzone public Wi-Fi hotspots.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Producer - Commercial Projects Premier Media Up to £35,000, London
- Quantitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, London
- Qualitative Researchers Lipton Fleming £20000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Audience Insight Executive - Publishing Lipton Fleming £25000 per annum + benefits, London