Shazam makes first acquisition to introduce lyrics technology
Digital music company Shazam has made its first acquisition with the purchase of the Synchronized Lyrics technology from Silicon Valley firm Tunezee.
Shazam: acquires Synchronized Lyrics technology
Terms of the deal have not been disclosed.
Shazam will immediately launch Shazam LyricPlay, a feature on its Encore premium app that allows users to view lyrics synchronized in real time with their music.
LyricPlay works with more than 25,000 songs in Shazam's library and automatically syncs with a music source.
The technology is being launched initially in the US and Canada for Shazam Encore, before being rolled out into other territories.
The feature is available for free within the Shazam Encore and Red apps for iPhone and iPod Touch, which users can download for $3.99 for a year’s subscription or for a one-time fee of $5.99.
LyricPlay follows the release of Shazam Friends for iOS and Android, a real-time feed of songs that Facebook friends have tagged and shared with others.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, Windsor
- Digital Designer- Retail Brand! Up to £300/day! Nakama up to £300/day!, London