US PR agency loses biggest account with a single tweet
LOS ANGELES - Santa Monica-based PR agency Redner Group was sacked this week by its biggest client, video game publisher 2k, after it tweeted that it would punish bad reviews of the game 'Duke Nukem Forever' by withholding future releases from reviewers.
The tweet from the @TheRednerGroup account read: "too many went too far with their reviews. We r [sic] reviewing who gets games next time and who doesn’t based on today’s venom."
The tweet led games publisher 2k to part company with the Redner Group putting the agency's future into doubt.comments powered by Disqus
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London