US PR agency loses biggest account with a single tweet
LOS ANGELES - Santa Monica-based PR agency Redner Group was sacked this week by its biggest client, video game publisher 2k, after it tweeted that it would punish bad reviews of the game 'Duke Nukem Forever' by withholding future releases from reviewers.
The tweet from the @TheRednerGroup account read: "too many went too far with their reviews. We r [sic] reviewing who gets games next time and who doesn’t based on today’s venom."
The tweet led games publisher 2k to part company with the Redner Group putting the agency's future into doubt.comments powered by Disqus
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London