Appointment to view: Oxford Landing - the campaign that never was
There are many reasons why campaign ideas never get off the ground. Here is a glimpse of just one of the hundreds ideas that never quite made it to fruition.
Oxford Landing approached Transport For London earlier this year with an unusual proposition. The Australian wine brand wanted to transform the iconic Oxford Circus tube station in to a tranquil vineyard, re-naming the transport hub as Oxford Landing.
The idea would be rolled out across the summer and aimed to give London’s commuters a taste of the great Australian outdoors.
An entire plan for how the make-over would look was mocked up by the brand's agency, KWP! Adelaide, part of theTBWA Group. This included a new station logo, real vines at the tube entrances and a soil effect on the floor.
A digital strategy was also lined up with Wolfstar Consultancy brought in to handle the social media over a planned three month period.
It wasn't meant to be however. Talks between the brand and TFL fell through and the campaign was shelved.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Freelancers - All Levels Source £110 - £300 per annum, London
- Account Manager, Integrated, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- SAM/Experienced AM, London, up to £38,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Events / Production Manager (Gaming/Tech Clients) - Integrated Marketing Agency Rocket Recruitment £28,000-35,000, Central London