Appointment to view: A new spin on recruiting interns
Searching for the right staff normally involves sticking to tried and tested rules, but Portuguese agency Torke has recruited seven interns with a "battle of the bands" style format.
The agency wanted to come up with a strategy that would promote it, not only to students, but also to a wider audience. It hoped to generate PR coverage for the agency and demonstrate its creativity.
The two main schools in Lisbon were invited to participate in a "battle of ideas". The aim of the battle was to eliminate your opponent with an idea that topped theirs.
The campaign was then opened up on Facebook to anyone who wished to get involved.
At the end of the campaign 176 participants had taken part. They had generated 1,200 ideas and the process resulted in the seven most creative entrants being offered an internship.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey
- Senior Mobile Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £47500 - £50000 per annum + +£30k OTE, London