Appointment to view: A new spin on recruiting interns
Searching for the right staff normally involves sticking to tried and tested rules, but Portuguese agency Torke has recruited seven interns with a "battle of the bands" style format.
The agency wanted to come up with a strategy that would promote it, not only to students, but also to a wider audience. It hoped to generate PR coverage for the agency and demonstrate its creativity.
The two main schools in Lisbon were invited to participate in a "battle of ideas". The aim of the battle was to eliminate your opponent with an idea that topped theirs.
The campaign was then opened up on Facebook to anyone who wished to get involved.
At the end of the campaign 176 participants had taken part. They had generated 1,200 ideas and the process resulted in the seven most creative entrants being offered an internship.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Senior Optimisation Manager (RTB) Digital Gurus £25000 - £42000 per annum, London
- Senior Category Manager - Tesco Jarlett de Grouchy £55000 - £60000 per annum + Car Allowance + Benefits, Weybridge
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex