Halifax pulls NotW ad campaign and considers 'longer term position'
Halifax has pulled ads from this Sunday's News of the World as the News International continues to reel from the phone-hacking scandal.
Halifax: pulls News of the World campaign
Halifax owner Lloyds Banking Group today issued the following statement: "In recognising and responding to consumer reaction, Halifax has cancelled an advertisement in this Sunday's News of the World.
It follows the financial giant "reviewing" its advertising strategy yesterday. However, the bank said that its long-term relationship with the paper was still under consideration.
A spokesman said: "This was a tactical decision in the short term whilst we carefully consider our longer term position and its implications."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Executive - Fluent French & Dutch Barclay Meade £200 - £250 per day, Berkshire
- SEO Consultant The Little Black Book Agency £20000 - £25000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Interactive / Digital Designer The Little Black Book Agency £25000 - £35000 per annum, Greater Manchester
- Digital Account Executive The Little Black Book Agency £16000 - £18000 per annum, Lancashire
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)