Halifax pulls NotW ad campaign and considers 'longer term position'
Halifax has pulled ads from this Sunday's News of the World as the News International continues to reel from the phone-hacking scandal.
Halifax: pulls News of the World campaign
Halifax owner Lloyds Banking Group today issued the following statement: "In recognising and responding to consumer reaction, Halifax has cancelled an advertisement in this Sunday's News of the World.
It follows the financial giant "reviewing" its advertising strategy yesterday. However, the bank said that its long-term relationship with the paper was still under consideration.
A spokesman said: "This was a tactical decision in the short term whilst we carefully consider our longer term position and its implications."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Business Development Executive, London,£35k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £44000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Strategist Rare Selection £30,000 - £35,000 + excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Visual Merchandising Project Manager - Skincare Jarlett de Grouchy £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Trade Marketing Manager Thorn Lighting c£50-55k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire