Halifax pulls NotW ad campaign and considers 'longer term position'
Halifax has pulled ads from this Sunday's News of the World as the News International continues to reel from the phone-hacking scandal.
Halifax: pulls News of the World campaign
Halifax owner Lloyds Banking Group today issued the following statement: "In recognising and responding to consumer reaction, Halifax has cancelled an advertisement in this Sunday's News of the World.
It follows the financial giant "reviewing" its advertising strategy yesterday. However, the bank said that its long-term relationship with the paper was still under consideration.
A spokesman said: "This was a tactical decision in the short term whilst we carefully consider our longer term position and its implications."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Online Marketing Manager - Client Side - London Major Players £45000 - £600000 per annum, London
- Web Conversion Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £20000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, North West England
- Artworker - Mid-Weight Major Players negotiable, London
- Digital Senior Sales Executive Ultimate Asset £28000 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London