Halifax pulls NotW ad campaign and considers 'longer term position'
Halifax has pulled ads from this Sunday's News of the World as the News International continues to reel from the phone-hacking scandal.
Halifax: pulls News of the World campaign
Halifax owner Lloyds Banking Group today issued the following statement: "In recognising and responding to consumer reaction, Halifax has cancelled an advertisement in this Sunday's News of the World.
It follows the financial giant "reviewing" its advertising strategy yesterday. However, the bank said that its long-term relationship with the paper was still under consideration.
A spokesman said: "This was a tactical decision in the short term whilst we carefully consider our longer term position and its implications."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager -(10 Month FTC) - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Senior Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Birmingham
- Creative Artworker Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Account Director - Retail to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Mid-Senior Print Designer | Contract | London Salt £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Retail Marketing - Account Executive Barclay Meade £24000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits, City of London