Halifax pulls NotW ad campaign and considers 'longer term position'
Halifax has pulled ads from this Sunday's News of the World as the News International continues to reel from the phone-hacking scandal.
Halifax: pulls News of the World campaign
Halifax owner Lloyds Banking Group today issued the following statement: "In recognising and responding to consumer reaction, Halifax has cancelled an advertisement in this Sunday's News of the World.
It follows the financial giant "reviewing" its advertising strategy yesterday. However, the bank said that its long-term relationship with the paper was still under consideration.
A spokesman said: "This was a tactical decision in the short term whilst we carefully consider our longer term position and its implications."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1