Vauxhall cancels News of the World ad plans
Vauxhall has followed in the tracks of rival car marque Ford and pulled its advertising from the News of the World.
Vauxhall joins Ford by withdrawing from this week's News of the World
The company said that it had "suspended its advertising" with the publication but added that it would review its long-term relationship once investigations into the phone-hacking scandal were concluded.
Its full statement read: "Vauxhall has suspended advertising in the News of the World. It will reconsider its position pending the outcome of investigations into the allegations of phone hacking."
The general Motors-owned brand joins automotive rival Ford, which yesterday became the first advertiser to openly cancel its advertising relationship with the News International-owned tabloid.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East