Vauxhall cancels News of the World ad plans
Vauxhall has followed in the tracks of rival car marque Ford and pulled its advertising from the News of the World.
Vauxhall joins Ford by withdrawing from this week's News of the World
The company said that it had "suspended its advertising" with the publication but added that it would review its long-term relationship once investigations into the phone-hacking scandal were concluded.
Its full statement read: "Vauxhall has suspended advertising in the News of the World. It will reconsider its position pending the outcome of investigations into the allegations of phone hacking."
The general Motors-owned brand joins automotive rival Ford, which yesterday became the first advertiser to openly cancel its advertising relationship with the News International-owned tabloid.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager PFJ £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Lipton Fleming £20000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus , London