Vauxhall cancels News of the World ad plans
Vauxhall has followed in the tracks of rival car marque Ford and pulled its advertising from the News of the World.
Vauxhall joins Ford by withdrawing from this week's News of the World
The company said that it had "suspended its advertising" with the publication but added that it would review its long-term relationship once investigations into the phone-hacking scandal were concluded.
Its full statement read: "Vauxhall has suspended advertising in the News of the World. It will reconsider its position pending the outcome of investigations into the allegations of phone hacking."
The general Motors-owned brand joins automotive rival Ford, which yesterday became the first advertiser to openly cancel its advertising relationship with the News International-owned tabloid.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire