FindaProperty.com launches house move Facebook app
FindaProperty.com has created a Facebook app for home movers who wish to inform their friends about their new address.
FindaProperty: launches Facebook app
The 'Moved Home' app sends out a virtual postcard to friends of the user's choice with details of the new home, pictures and also automatically links to Google Maps, making it easier for friends to locate the property. It also leaves a link to the postcard on a user's wall.
Data will not be used for marketing purposes, according to a FindaProperty.com spokeswoman.
Sheraz Dar, marketing director at FindaProperty.com, said: "We are constantly striving to ensure that our social media activity supports our goal of giving our users as much information and support as possible when moving home.
"This app is a convenient, fun way to get in touch with friends and show them your new home.
"We’re really pleased with the design, and are sure it will be a big hit with our fans."
The app was developed by digital marketing company iCrossing, which also works with brands including Coca Cola, Virgin and TK Maxx.
Digital Property Group, part of the Daily Mail and General Trust, announced in May that it was rolling out a multi-million-pound drive to raise the profile of its two online property brands, FindaProperty.com and PrimeLocation.com.
The company is aiming to differentiate the sites in the increasingly competitive online property market.
One of two recent campaigns, by Beattie McGuinness Bungay, promoted PrimeLocation as the ideal hub for aspirational property hunters.
The campaign included PrimeLocation's first TV ad for three years.
In addition, a recent TV ad for FindaProperty, also created by BMB, aimed to widen the site's visitor base.
FindaProperty launched in 1997, while PrimeLocation debuted in 2001.
Rival website Zoopla.co.uk also launched a seven-figure multi-channel marketing campaign in May after it made its TV ad debut in January.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager/ Comms Planner Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- PPC Executive - Leading Digital Marketing Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London