Appointment to view: Skoda sets thriller fans a mystery
Skoda has used its sponsorship of Channel 5 crime drama to promote its own mystery for viewers to solve and enhance its reputation as an astute brand.
In May it launched a digital campaign of treasure trails and puzzles that led players to a hidden Skoda Fabia vRS, which they could win.
The campaign by Fallon centred around the brand’s TV sponsorship of US crime drama on Channel 5 and aimed to engage an audience of thriller and mystery fans.
It linked TV idents to an online trail where users could interact and discuss clues and challenges. New clues to the whereabouts of the hidden virtual car were released on idents each week.
The campaign generated 357-days of gameplay in 12-weeks and racked up 361,884 Facebook post views. Watch the case study video above to see how the campaign unfolded across the months.
The Czech car manufacturer was re-invented when it was bought by Volkswagen in 2000 and it pursued a strategy of challenging the norm.
Fallon collaborated with the Google Creative Agency on the campaign. The work was created by Peter Gatley and Richard Hale and directed by Justin Stokes through HLA.
Post-production was by MPC.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SEO and Analytics Specialist PFJ £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Brand Manager (interim to perm) Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + dependent on experience, Hemel Hempstead
- account director > INFLUENTIAL CHALLENGER BRAND collectivo £40-50k + bens, London
- Account Manager Lipton Fleming £30000 per annum + EXCELLENT BENEFITS, London