Appointment to view: what does $9.3bn adspend buy you?
Procter & Gamble, owner of brands including Gillette, Old Spice and Fairy, released figures last week revealing its annual marketing spend grew by $700m to $9.3bn last year. Here's a look at some of the brand's biggest campaigns.
The Old Spice 'The Man Your Man Could Smell Like' campaign
As we run into 2011 it shows no signs of slowing down, being named the UK’s biggest spender in this year's Top 100 Advertisers compiled by Marketing magazine.
A look at P&G's latest campaigns, with a few highlights from 2010
Ads for the brand’s Old Spice men’s grooming range have won several awards, the most recent being the D&AD awards where it won a total of nine awards for its Old Spice 'The Man Your Man Could Smell Like" campaign by Wieden+Kennedy Portland.
Fabric softener and air freshener brand Febreze, which is worth an estimated $1bn to the company, launched its 'Breathe Happy' campaign in the UK in July after ads across Europe and the US.
The FMCG giant has also rolled out activity backing its sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. It intends to use several of its brands including Pampers, Fairy and Pantene to promote the sponsorship in the build-up to the events.
P&G is also using the sponsorship to bring its corporate brand to the fore.
As a testament to the brand’s marketing strength P&G’s corporate marketing director and head of marketing Roisin Donnelly was named the most powerful marketer in Britain in Marketing’s Power 100.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Join the flagship Agency team at Blue Skies, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Junior Account Manager collectivo Up to £26,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Head of Data Analytics - Top Publisher Digital Gurus £90000 - £120000 Per Annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Mid-weight project manager Red Sofa London £35000.00 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)