Peugeot trials mobile affiliate ad tech
Peugeot is the first brand to trial ad technology that allows the use of QR codes and SMS to deliver leads via a new mobile affiliate network.
David Fieldhouse: Linking Mobile co-founder and former MediaCom head of mobile
The car manufacturer has worked with start-up Linking Mobile, co-founded in May by former MediaCom head of mobile David Fieldhouse, to develop the campaign.
Fieldhouse said the company was aiming to "elevate the affiliate model" with the new technology and reach customers already using QR and SMS for offers and discounts.
Fieldhouse said: "Our mobile display partners have been generating leads for advertisers for some time. QR now opens up the affiliate model to traditional media owners which is very exciting."
Peugeot is the latest advertiser to work with Linking Mobile, who also count O2, Gamelogft, Mazda, Three and Groupon among their advertisers.
Alex Newman, head of mobile for Omnicom EMEA, said working closely with smart technology companies had delivered interesting results.
Newman said: "[It] has encouraged us to work with Linking Mobile to scale this solution going forward."
Alongside its global mobile affiliate network, the company is developing a number of new technologies to build on its mobile affiliate offering.
The company was founded by Fieldhouse, commercial director David Phillipson and chief technology officer Phil Jones to capiltalise on demand for CPA deals not available in the mobile market.
It claims to have delivered more than 15,000 mobile transactions for clients since its launch earlier this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London