Peugeot trials mobile affiliate ad tech
Peugeot is the first brand to trial ad technology that allows the use of QR codes and SMS to deliver leads via a new mobile affiliate network.
David Fieldhouse: Linking Mobile co-founder and former MediaCom head of mobile
The car manufacturer has worked with start-up Linking Mobile, co-founded in May by former MediaCom head of mobile David Fieldhouse, to develop the campaign.
Fieldhouse said the company was aiming to "elevate the affiliate model" with the new technology and reach customers already using QR and SMS for offers and discounts.
Fieldhouse said: "Our mobile display partners have been generating leads for advertisers for some time. QR now opens up the affiliate model to traditional media owners which is very exciting."
Peugeot is the latest advertiser to work with Linking Mobile, who also count O2, Gamelogft, Mazda, Three and Groupon among their advertisers.
Alex Newman, head of mobile for Omnicom EMEA, said working closely with smart technology companies had delivered interesting results.
Newman said: "[It] has encouraged us to work with Linking Mobile to scale this solution going forward."
Alongside its global mobile affiliate network, the company is developing a number of new technologies to build on its mobile affiliate offering.
The company was founded by Fieldhouse, commercial director David Phillipson and chief technology officer Phil Jones to capiltalise on demand for CPA deals not available in the mobile market.
It claims to have delivered more than 15,000 mobile transactions for clients since its launch earlier this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor
- Marketing Manager, £40K, TECH Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Salary dependent on exp, London