Peugeot trials mobile affiliate ad tech
Peugeot is the first brand to trial ad technology that allows the use of QR codes and SMS to deliver leads via a new mobile affiliate network.
David Fieldhouse: Linking Mobile co-founder and former MediaCom head of mobile
The car manufacturer has worked with start-up Linking Mobile, co-founded in May by former MediaCom head of mobile David Fieldhouse, to develop the campaign.
Fieldhouse said the company was aiming to "elevate the affiliate model" with the new technology and reach customers already using QR and SMS for offers and discounts.
Fieldhouse said: "Our mobile display partners have been generating leads for advertisers for some time. QR now opens up the affiliate model to traditional media owners which is very exciting."
Peugeot is the latest advertiser to work with Linking Mobile, who also count O2, Gamelogft, Mazda, Three and Groupon among their advertisers.
Alex Newman, head of mobile for Omnicom EMEA, said working closely with smart technology companies had delivered interesting results.
Newman said: "[It] has encouraged us to work with Linking Mobile to scale this solution going forward."
Alongside its global mobile affiliate network, the company is developing a number of new technologies to build on its mobile affiliate offering.
The company was founded by Fieldhouse, commercial director David Phillipson and chief technology officer Phil Jones to capiltalise on demand for CPA deals not available in the mobile market.
It claims to have delivered more than 15,000 mobile transactions for clients since its launch earlier this year.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall
- Your next role selling to media agencies! Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)