Appointment to view: NatWest prepares for cricket fundraiser after viral makes headlines
NatWest is running its charity CricketForce event this weekend. Here's another look at the brand's headline-making viral campaign featuring former England captain Michael Vaughan.
NatWest’s CricketForce is in its 10th year. The initiative has grown from a few clubs in 2001, to 1,914 clubs in 2011. The brand has an estimated 85,000 volunteers taking part in the event this year.
Glue Isobar is behind the viral campaign which gained coverage from The Sun and Sky among others. The film sees Vaughan made up with prosthetics and planted within a local team as a "secret cricketer".
The campaign launched across NatWest’s cricket digital channels, NatWest Cricket Club website, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. On YouTube, the film has so far had 152,368 views.
As well as the main viral, two supporting videos were also launched to push traffic to the CricketForce site. One shows the process of Vaughan being made up in disguise, and the other shows him coming face to face with a teammate to see if he is recognized.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Paid Search Manager ( PPC ) - Leading Search Specialist Group Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Digital Web Designer: Fashion, Web, Email, Tablet, Mobile, HTML Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer (Print, Publishing, Fashion, Lifestyle) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Media Manager- BOUTIQUE agency- £40K! Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Sales Manager- Dynamic Video, digital & Mobile Business Ultimate Asset £35000 - £45000 per annum + amazing commission, London
- Account Director PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London