Appointment to view: NatWest prepares for cricket fundraiser after viral makes headlines
NatWest is running its charity CricketForce event this weekend. Here's another look at the brand's headline-making viral campaign featuring former England captain Michael Vaughan.
NatWest’s CricketForce is in its 10th year. The initiative has grown from a few clubs in 2001, to 1,914 clubs in 2011. The brand has an estimated 85,000 volunteers taking part in the event this year.
Glue Isobar is behind the viral campaign which gained coverage from The Sun and Sky among others. The film sees Vaughan made up with prosthetics and planted within a local team as a "secret cricketer".
The campaign launched across NatWest’s cricket digital channels, NatWest Cricket Club website, YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. On YouTube, the film has so far had 152,368 views.
As well as the main viral, two supporting videos were also launched to push traffic to the CricketForce site. One shows the process of Vaughan being made up in disguise, and the other shows him coming face to face with a teammate to see if he is recognized.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East