Nike: Write the future campaign
Weiden + Kennedy on the vital statistics of Nike's - Write the future campaign that Ed Elworthy, Global Football Brand Communications Director will discuss at BrandMAX. This campaign made Nike the brand winner at the 2010 World Cup, standing out against the official sponsor adidas.
Nike set out to be the most recognized, most talkedabout sports brand during the World Cup, without being an official sponsor. W+K Amsterdam, with support from both W+K London and W+K Portland, created "Write the Future," a successful globally integrated campaign. Driven by mounting anticipation for the tournament, "Write the Future" tapped into the enormous cultural effect football has on the world, appealing to fans and non-fans alike.
The W+K PR team set out to garner global media attention and recognition for the campaign. With Nike spearheading overall PR efforts, our challenge was twofold: we could only work with advertising and creative trade press and we could only engage at Nike’s discretion, after their exclusives ran and creative launched in the public sphere.
That said, we’re excited to share the results.
BrandMAX, the brand optimisation summit from the publisher of Marketing and Brand Republic, makes its debut in London in September. BrandMAX 2011, which is in association with JWT and Ebiquity, will bring together the best speakers, the best thinkers and the best evidence and case studies of brand optimisation from across the marketing mix, creating the essential marketing conference over two days on 21 – 22 September 2011.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East