Appointment to view: London Mayor hails Standard's Dispossessed campaign 'media at its best'
London Mayor Boris Johnson hailed the Evening Standard's Dispossessed campaign "a classic example of a great media campaign" at an event last night to promote a book that will help raise money and awareness for the fund.
The Dispossessed campaign was launched by the London newspaper to raise awareness and funding for charities supporting those living on and below the poverty line in the capital. So far it has raised more than £7m.
Speaking at the book launch of Calling London, which tells some of the personal stories unearthed by the campaign, Mayor Johnson said the fund an example of "the media at its best".
He said: "In this history of powerful campaigns in the last 20, 30 or 40 years this is one of the very best."
The book has been written by David Cohen, chief features editor at the Evening Standard. Speaking last night he said was amazed at how much the campaign had grown since it was first launched in March 2010 with an initial goal to raise £1m.
The campaign has helped the Standard to land several awards including two major honours at the British Press Awards, the Media Brand of the Year and Grand Prix Award at the Media Week Awards 2010 and Campaign magazine's Medium of the Year 2010.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London