Sky moves Mellis to head database services arm
BSkyB has appointed William Mellis, its group director of business performance, to succeed Duncan Painter as managing director of Sky IQ, its customer database services arm.
William Mellis: incoming managing director of Sky IQ
Sky IQ handles customer data for third-parties, including Centrica, Vodafone and Molson Coors, in addition to Sky.
Painter was hired by business-to-business publisher Emap as chief executive this week, though it is not yet clear when he is leaving Sky and joining Emap.
A Sky spokesman said Painter's leaving date had yet to be confirmed but he had not been put on gardening leave, while Emap has yet to confirm his start date.
Mellis's appointment is with immediate effect and for the time being he continues to handle a number of his existing responsibilities as group director of business performance.
The Sky IQ business used to be owned by Experian, which decided to move away from the managed database sector in 2010 by putting the operation into a joint venture with Sky, which was one of its customers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Experiential Senior Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London
- Online Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Brand Manager - Innovation Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, Midlands
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £32000 per annum, North London
- Planner Dahling Ltd £40,000 - 50,000 + bonus, Central London