Sky moves Mellis to head database services arm
BSkyB has appointed William Mellis, its group director of business performance, to succeed Duncan Painter as managing director of Sky IQ, its customer database services arm.
William Mellis: incoming managing director of Sky IQ
Sky IQ handles customer data for third-parties, including Centrica, Vodafone and Molson Coors, in addition to Sky.
Painter was hired by business-to-business publisher Emap as chief executive this week, though it is not yet clear when he is leaving Sky and joining Emap.
A Sky spokesman said Painter's leaving date had yet to be confirmed but he had not been put on gardening leave, while Emap has yet to confirm his start date.
Mellis's appointment is with immediate effect and for the time being he continues to handle a number of his existing responsibilities as group director of business performance.
The Sky IQ business used to be owned by Experian, which decided to move away from the managed database sector in 2010 by putting the operation into a joint venture with Sky, which was one of its customers.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire