Acxiom bids to bulk up data on affluent consumers
Data supplier Acxiom is attempting to add affluent consumers to its database by using a door drop to get people to complete a web-based questionnaire for the first time.
Acxiom: kicks off information search
The company is gathering information about family size, household income, age, and professional status, among other data.
The survey also covers internet and mobile phone usage, communication channel preference, retail channel preference (e.g. in-store or online), utilities suppliers, as well as more offbeat questions such as attitudes towards mobile payment (NFC), opinion on local authority service provision and dress size.
The survey is being launched in partnership with postal services operator TNT Post, which is handling delivery and fulfilment. As a reward for filling in the questions online, consumers will receive a bag of Thorntons chocolates.
The door drop will initially be delivered to 1.8 million homes across the UK, chosen from among a total of eight million affluent AB households selected using Acxiom’s Personicx customer segmentation system.
Bespoke questions are available to sponsors on all the formats.
Steve Burden, vice president Europe for customer information products at Acxiom, said: "The mechanism of offline to online enables us to reach more affluent consumers who are responsive to both direct mail and online channels with the added integrity of response generated by receiving instant reward."
The company continues to use paper-based and standalone online surveys.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)