Acxiom bids to bulk up data on affluent consumers
Data supplier Acxiom is attempting to add affluent consumers to its database by using a door drop to get people to complete a web-based questionnaire for the first time.
Acxiom: kicks off information search
The company is gathering information about family size, household income, age, and professional status, among other data.
The survey also covers internet and mobile phone usage, communication channel preference, retail channel preference (e.g. in-store or online), utilities suppliers, as well as more offbeat questions such as attitudes towards mobile payment (NFC), opinion on local authority service provision and dress size.
The survey is being launched in partnership with postal services operator TNT Post, which is handling delivery and fulfilment. As a reward for filling in the questions online, consumers will receive a bag of Thorntons chocolates.
The door drop will initially be delivered to 1.8 million homes across the UK, chosen from among a total of eight million affluent AB households selected using Acxiom’s Personicx customer segmentation system.
Bespoke questions are available to sponsors on all the formats.
Steve Burden, vice president Europe for customer information products at Acxiom, said: "The mechanism of offline to online enables us to reach more affluent consumers who are responsive to both direct mail and online channels with the added integrity of response generated by receiving instant reward."
The company continues to use paper-based and standalone online surveys.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london