Aegis acquires direct agencies to boost Scandinavian offering
Aegis has continued its acquisition spree by picking up two Swedish direct and CRM agencies to fill out its offering in the country.
Aegis: acquires agencies Dubblera and Smicker in Sweden
The sister agencies, Dubblera and Smicker, have been acquired from marketing consultancy DM-Konsult. Their clients include Volvo, Samsung, Stena Line, Canon and Ikea.
Aegis is adding the agencies to its Aztec network, which provides transactional and post-purchase data to consumer packaged goods retailers and manufacturers.
Aegis retained Aztec despite agreeing to sell its market research business Synovate to French group Ipsos in the summer, to focus on its digital and media operations. A spokesperson explained the reasoning for keeping Aztec was that it was profitable and its services aided campaign planning.
Aztec operates in Australia, the UK, Hong Kong, Thailand, Canada, Sweden and Malaysia and South Africa.
The spokesperson did not rule out the possibility of Aegis acquiring direct and data-focused businesses in the UK.
Aegis has already made 10 acquisitions this year, including MediaVest Manchester, Lithuanian media agency Creative Media Services UAB, and Canadian social media moderation company, ICUC Moderation Services.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London