Aegis acquires direct agencies to boost Scandinavian offering
Aegis has continued its acquisition spree by picking up two Swedish direct and CRM agencies to fill out its offering in the country.
Aegis: acquires agencies Dubblera and Smicker in Sweden
The sister agencies, Dubblera and Smicker, have been acquired from marketing consultancy DM-Konsult. Their clients include Volvo, Samsung, Stena Line, Canon and Ikea.
Aegis is adding the agencies to its Aztec network, which provides transactional and post-purchase data to consumer packaged goods retailers and manufacturers.
Aegis retained Aztec despite agreeing to sell its market research business Synovate to French group Ipsos in the summer, to focus on its digital and media operations. A spokesperson explained the reasoning for keeping Aztec was that it was profitable and its services aided campaign planning.
Aztec operates in Australia, the UK, Hong Kong, Thailand, Canada, Sweden and Malaysia and South Africa.
The spokesperson did not rule out the possibility of Aegis acquiring direct and data-focused businesses in the UK.
Aegis has already made 10 acquisitions this year, including MediaVest Manchester, Lithuanian media agency Creative Media Services UAB, and Canadian social media moderation company, ICUC Moderation Services.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Account Director AF Selection £35,000 - £38,000 plus car, Birmingham
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Director Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, London