Appointment to view: Behind the scenes of the Velvet 'tissue zoetrope' ad
Toilet tissue brand Velvet has used its own product as a canvas in its new ad campaign. Here's a look behind the scenes that reveals how it was created.
The ad features 3,000 individually cut paper frames, made from real Velvet toilet tissue, combined with stop-frame animation.
Short-film and animation director, Geoffroy de Crecy, worked with a large team to cut out individual images, which were then layered up to create a scene.
A digital storyboard was first created and then transferred to the tissue paper by hand.
The ad shows toilet paper unravelling, with a tree theme throughout the animation to highlight the brand's promise to plant three trees for every one they use.
The ad was created by Fallon London and ran from 1 October. A digital media campaign will follow the week commencing 7 November.
Velvet 'Luxury for you' by Fallon London
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)
- Product Designer / Engineer Nu Creative Talent £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)